Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.John 14 v 6
I am the WAY — That leads so the Father: – the TRUTH that teaches the knowledge of God, and directs in the way: – the LIFE that animates all those who seek and serve him, and which is to be enjoyed eternally at the end of the way.
Christ is the WAY:
- By his doctrine, John 6:68.
- By his example, 1 Peter 2:21.
- By his sacrifice, Hebrews 9:8-9.
- By his Spirit, John 16:13.
He is the TRUTH:
- In opposition to all false religions.
- To the Mosaic law, which was only the shadow, not the truth or substance, of the good things which were to come. And
- In respect to all the promises of God, 2 Corinthians 1:20.
He is the LIFE, both in grace and glory; the life that not only saves from death, but destroys it.
No man cometh unto the Father — By any other doctrine, by any other merit, or by any other intercession than mine.