I have recently become Youth Outreach Minister at Anchor Church, Fowey. This is a paid role and will support is for 21 hours a week. However, Anna and I will be doing additional work and are asking you to consider supporting us. The role is an exciting one and I will be working meeting young people where they are. I will be spending time on the streets and also setting up open youth clubs with a view to building relationships and growing the church, seeing young people come to Jesus and follow him. This is our full job description:
- To be devoted to prayer & the ministry of the word (Acts 6:4) amongst young people.
- To develop opportunities (the means) to build relationships with young people in the Fowey River Academy catchment area who have little or no meaningful church connection (the goal) in order to sow and water the seed of the gospel in their lives (the aim), trusting the Lord to give the growth (1 Corinthians 3:6-7). Measurable (faithful) outcomes will be seen in:
- relationships built with young people from across the catchment area, evidenced by personal ongoing connection
- interactions that include gospel conversation or input
- To partner with parents at the Anchor in the discipleship of their children by:
- modelling wholehearted loving Christian discipleship;
- equipping and enabling parents to teach Christ to their children;
- leading church youth groups for Years 6-9 (Lighthouse) & Year 10 up (Anchor Youth);
- in order that young people grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ to his glory (2 Peter 3:18). Measurable (faithful) outcomes will be seen in:
- Frequent communication with parents and providing resources for them
- The bible is being prayerfully and faithfully taught to young people.
We are therefore asking friends and family if you will consider supporting us. We are working in partnership with Stewardship who will be handling the collection of funds and also paying them to us.
Supporters who want to give to us should first open a Giving Account here. You will then need to email email@example.com with the following information so
that they can add your account to our favourite recipients list, which will allow you to set up your giving online:
Your Stewardship Recipient Account number
Confirmation that you are not a close relative of mine, or a close relative of Anna