- Public perception is of young people who drink, take drugs and commit crime, high pregnancy rate and high unemployment but…
- Young people are less likely to drink than previous generations
- They smoke less than any other group
- Young people are doing fewer drugs
- Young people are committing fewer crimes
- Young people now stay in education longer and have more qualifications to their name than any previous generation
- Teenage pregnancy are at their lowest since records began
However, mental health is still a rising issue and despite all these qualifications jobs have become insecure. Young people find themselves less equipped to work.